Which vegetables should you eat raw? How do you make the perfect poached egg? And should you keep your eggs in the fridge? Food scientist Dr Stuart Farrimond answers all these questions - and many more like them - equipping you with the scientific know-how to take your cooking to new levels.
In The Science of Cooking, fundamental culinary concepts sit side-by-side with practical advice and step-by-step techniques, bringing food science out of the lab and into your kitchen. Find the answers to your cookery questions and get more out of recipes with intriguing chapters covering all major food types from meat, poultry and seafood, to grains, vegetables, and herbs.
Why does chocolate taste so good? Is it OK to reheat cooked rice? How do I cook the perfect steak or make succulent fish every time? Perfect your cooking with practical instruction - and the science behind it.
Discover a recipe book like no other from TV personality, food scientist and bestselling author, Dr Stuart Farrimond. Inside, you'll discover:
- Dynamic, full-colour visuals make complex scientific concepts compelling and easy to understand
- Engaging question-and-answer format makes the science relevant to everyday cooking
- User-friendly book structure, with scientific concepts organised by food group and ingredient
- Step-by-step techniques - which demonstrate and underpin key concepts - add core, practical cooking instruction
- Bestseller The Science of Cooking has the answers to your everyday cooking questions, as well as myth busting information on everything from vegan diets to cholesterol
A good recipe goes a long way, but if you can master the science behind it, you'll be one step ahead. The Science of Cooking shows you how by bringing food science out of the lab and into your kitchen. It gives you all the scientific information you need to take your home cooking to a whole new, more nutritious level!
From making great risotto and soft ice cream to the process of steaming, this gastronomic cookbook includes step-by-step techniques to help you perfect your cooking. 3D graphics and engaging text make scientific concepts easy to grasp and infographics bring culinary facts and stats to life. It is the ultimate gift for any self-respecting foodie or cook!
This series from DK is designed to help you perfect your cooking with practical instruction - and the science behind it. There are more books to discover! Explore the science behind the art of making incredible spice blends to help you release the flavour in your dishes with The Science of Spice.