Master all the essential principles of pharmacotherapy with this authoritative resource.
This indispensable new text utilizes a solid evidence-based approach that supports the optimal pharmacotherapy of disease. All chapters have been subjected to rigorous review by experts in the field. Supporting this balanced, up-to-date coverage is helpful pedagogy such as structured learning objectives, key concepts, a glossary of terms, self-assessment questions, and boxed summary features within chapters. In addition, a consistent chapter templatecovering such integral areas as epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation and diagnosis, treatment, patient care and monitoring, and outcome evaluationmakes the material easily accessible.
- Easy-to-follow disorder-based organization that surveys a broad range of common organ system diseases.
- Knowledge-building boxed features within chapters, consisting of quick-review summaries of: Clinical Presentation & Diagnosis; Patient Encounters; and Patient Care and Monitoring Guidelines.
- Laboratory values expressed in both conventional units and Systemé International (SI) units.
-Patient encounter vignettes and scenarios facilitate critical thinking skills and application of the text to everyday patient care.
- A helpful glossary of key terms, plus lists of medical abbreviations and their meanings.
- An innovative Online Learning Center that offers hundreds of self-assessment questions and answers; access to approximately 170 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credits for pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physicians, and physician assistants; and up-to-date literature citations.